aaNet Support Forum

Members Forum
It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:31 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:08 pm 
Neophyte
Neophyte

Scorpio65 wrote:
sameero wrote:
Whats the point of having cheap broadband when they change the price on you 3 months later, cause thats what they may do. Seems like they think they can do anything they want.

For someone whose relatives are legal professionals, didn't you realise that what you have written there is classed as slander. At no point have aaNet ever raised prices on anyone, either in or out of contract! Nor have they imposed lower prices on anyone. Your plan is the same price as it was when you signed up for it. In fact aaNet have lowered prices and been lambasted for not automatically moving people to the new, lower-priced plans. They didn't do it because they are not allowed to do so without your request.

I don't know how old you are scorpio but you don't seem to understand anything with respect to legalities. When I said "what they may do" this does not mean that they have done, or will do, just that they may given all of the disclaimers etc. on there website.

The other point I would like to make is that your continuing the aaNet trend. Lets only allow mods to post. Why don't you just delete the posts if you don't like the criticism, like yesterday. Lets just try and pull some sort of childish ploy so somebody can't speak their mind.

It seems to me you fit perfectly within the bounds of what aaNet wants in its employees.

Lets not give him the managers number!

As of yet I haven't put any posts on whirlpool, I am waiting for the manager to call me. When I do, I won't put 1 or 2 posts. I will make sure that as a customer I explain to as many potential customers what has happened to me and my problems with aaNet. Lets just see what Telecommunication Ombudsman has got to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:08 pm 
Ex-Member

Excalibur wrote:
Maybe...

mmm??

dont make me start a conspiracy theory that there is no CEO, just a monkey on a typewriter :P:P :lotsofsarcasm: :notbeingnasty: :justkayno'ssenseofhumour:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:20 pm 
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

sameero wrote:

I don't know how old you are scorpio but you don't seem to understand anything with respect to legalities. When I said "what they may do" this does not mean that they have done, or will do, just that they may given all of the disclaimers etc. on there website.

By saying someone may do something it can still be called slanderous. You are besmirching thier name by association with an undesirable act. I'm old enough to know about legalities....

sameero wrote:
The other point I would like to make is that your continuing the aaNet trend. Lets only allow mods to post. Why don't you just delete the posts if you don't like the criticism, like yesterday. Lets just try and pull some sort of childish ploy so somebody can't speak their mind.

I have not disallowed anyone to post in this section yet. I believe the discussion is still open and on-going. I have not deleted any posts of yours or anyone elses*. I edit people's posts if I deem it appropriate and note that I have done so. Please feel free to speak your mind.

*except in the case of a double post...

sameero wrote:
It seems to me you fit perfectly within the bounds of what aaNet wants in its employees.

Thank you for the compliment. I am a sensible individual with strong ethics. However, I am not employed by aaNet in any capacity whatsoever. So you can add that to your list of incorrect statements. Although you may argue that you have not outright said that I am an aaNet employee, it is nonetheless implied in your statement.

sameero wrote:
Lets not give him the managers number!

That decision is not mine to make. In any case I don't have it. Of course with all the legal expertise at your immediate disposal you could search for aaNet's details and find out the name/number of the person in charge...

sameero wrote:
As of yet I haven't put any posts on whirlpool, I am waiting for the manager to call me. When I do, I won't put 1 or 2 posts. I will make sure that as a customer I explain to as many potential customers what has happened to me and my problems with aaNet. Lets just see what Telecommunication Ombudsman has got to say.

As far as I see you have no problems with aaNet other than wanting to get something for nothing that payment is required for. And by posting many times in a derogatory fashion on Whirlpool you will find your account "penalty boxed" and posts deleted very quickly... That's not a threat from me in any way, it's just the way Whirlpool works. No-one on this forum (nor at aaNet) has any authority on Whirlpool - it has its own group of moderators and "inappropriate post" system.

If you have read Whirlpool in relation to this new plan you will see that your concern has been raised and answered a number of times by Cat (yes, the same one as posts here!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:39 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

sameero wrote:
Go to a bigger ISP, at least they can be help accountable for their action and understand the concept of customer relations.

Why don't you lead us?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:55 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

caffeine wrote:
the Important Notices section was opened as a priveledge only a few days ago. I believe it has now been mis-used to the point where it needs to be reverted to mods-only posts and discussions of this nature can take place in the normal forums. This discussion is not an official 'aaNet Important Notice' anymore IMHO.

1. I agree that unfortunately some people do not have the discipline to refrain from unnecessary post in this section.

2. I do believe however, that there must be some good faith towards people who are serious.

3. What mods can do, it split and move parts of the threads to the general forum, so only appropriate posting to the announcements are left here.

4. After a week or so, may be the thread can be locked and a pointer towards the general area where the thread can continue can be placed.

Just thinking how announcements can be kept clear from rubbish, while allowing people to react.

The problem I see if you don't allow reaction to announcements and if you have to post in a different section, that the logical link between the discussion is gone. On the other hand, I agree that we have to prevent this important section to be hijacked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:58 pm 
Ex-Member

i agree. this thread is getting beyond important notices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:10 pm 
Neophyte
Neophyte

paranoid wrote:
Do you have an invoice in your member section? Perhaps check that to see what you've been charged.

Yeah..... I've been charged the full amount. Does anyone want to give me some sympathy though? Put yourself in my shoes, and I'm sure you'd be a bit dissapointed.

My question is..... If Telstra announced cheaper activation fee on the 26th, and I was connected on the 29th. Is "Aanet" pocketing the extra $75?

Not a good start to Aanet for me..... sorry. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:41 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Lerch

I guess it hinges on when you applied mate. If you applied before the fee changed, you might be stuck with it I'm sorry. The date your account is activated doesn't matter because the application had been received and processed by Telstra on the old fee structure.

I think you might just have to wear it, unless the aaNet guys want to arrange something, but as I have said before, nobody makes a profit on activation fees, it is set by Telstra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:48 am 
Silver Member*
Silver Member*

poyner wrote:
Their most likely course of action is removing the plan all together. would this make you happy? Then no one would be able to get it. Not you or new subscribers. Would that be better. I think not.... but hey.... you've surprised me so far.

well looks like i might have been right with my prediction above. I hope you're happy now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:58 pm 
Neophyte
Neophyte

I think it makes better sense to remove the new plan. It doesn't seem fair that existing customers are burdened with new customers on plans losing money.

At least aaNet will have money to keep the service running well unlike the congestion TPG is having.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:25 pm 

is this plan defineately being removed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:23 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Exchange/Suburb: GROX
State: Vic
Haha, i got screwed on the price! Lower the price a few days after i join, willya!? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:13 am 
Ex-Member

braydstar wrote:

i hope not :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:26 am 
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

jig_one wrote:
Haha, i got screwed on the price! Lower the price a few days after i join, willya!? :lol:

Waddya mean jig?

It's still $145 + $45 per month isn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:27 am 
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

kayno wrote:
braydstar wrote:

i hope not :(

The 1500/SP plan is probably going to be gone within a week....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:27 am 
Ex-Member

Scorpio65 wrote:
Waddya mean jig?

keep this thread open for a while, jig is on dial up remember. hhhiiiiisssss rrrreeeeppppllllyyyy wwwwwiiiilllllll bbbbbeeeeee rrrreeeeaaaallllyyyy sssssslllllloooooowwwww.... hehehe :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:30 am 
Ex-Member

Scorpio65 wrote:
The 1500/SP plan is probably going to be gone within a week....

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

hmmm that puts me in a pickle. I move house in mid december, and i really wanted this plan when i did, as it will only be me and my girlfriend, not me and 3 other people, so i wont need the 24GB i have now.

8GB would have been perfect, and 1500!!! :droooooools:

:cry: :stampsfeetlikeafouryearoldwhowontgettheirway:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:38 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Scorpio65 wrote:
jig_one wrote:

Waddya mean jig?

isnt it $75 + $45 now? That limited offer thingo?

and im not on dialup now, im on the schools net..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:42 am 
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

jig_one wrote:

isnt it $75 + $45 now? That limited offer thingo?

and im not on dialup now, im on the schools net..

Where did you get that from????? Link jig, link.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:44 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
Hi all we have a new activation price (on Special for the next two months) of $70

is this NOT counting the 1500/sp plan then...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:46 am 
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

jig_one wrote:
Quote:
Hi all we have a new activation price (on Special for the next two months) of $70

is this NOT counting the 1500/sp plan then...

You're right jig, it's NOT counting the 1500/SP plan. The "activation" charge for the 1500/SP plan is $145 and $145 is the "activation" charge for the 1500/SP plan.

Don't you start.... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:47 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

:roll: Thankyou for clearing that up... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:48 am 
Silver Member*
Silver Member*

Scorpio65 wrote:
Don't you start.... :lol:

absolutely!!!! gee jig... where the hell have you been????
oh and btw... the activation charge actually dropped a little bit more too... it's now $66 not $70. :) but that's for all other plans EXCEPT the Sp plan.... which has an activation charge of $145....

ie. the Sp plan has an activation charge of $145.... for all other plans it is $66

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:49 am 
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

jig_one wrote:
:roll: Thankyou for clearing that up... :lol:

You're welcome. But it definitely needed saying, because if you came to that conclusion, others could too...

And we know where that could lead!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:49 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

WHERE HAVE I BEEN? IN DIALUP LAND.... :evil:

My modem brokesies.... my billion should arrive today...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next