aaNet Support Forum

Members Forum
It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:36 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: 512kSP plan
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:28 am 
Out Of Hours Poster

OK all,

We have managed to get this for you. Its a struggle I tell you..LOL

So 1 Gig 512k will be on our signup page sometime this afternoon. Current users can shift to this plan under that contract length they are on now at the current upgrade/downgrade fee. If you are under contract your contract will not need to be renewed. Example if you have a month to go on your contract, you will still have a month to go after you switch to this plan.

Free churn will be removed from today on. Churn to this plan will cost the same as a churn to some other ISPs which is $59 which includes a speed change if nessasary, all other churns will still be $35

Plan fee is $29

Post subject: Re: 512kSP plan
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:55 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Cat Carroll wrote:
OK all,

We have managed to get this for you. Its a struggle I tell you..LOL

So 1 Gig 512k will be on our signup page sometime this afternoon. Current users can shift to this plan under that contract length they are on now at the current upgrade/downgrade fee. If you are under contract your contract will not need to be renewed. Example if you have a month to go on your contract, you will still have a month to go after you switch to this plan.

Free churn will be removed from today on. Churn to this plan will cost the same as a churn to some other ISPs which is $59 which includes a speed change if nessasary, all other churns will still be $35

Plan fee is $29

So let's now see how long my upgrade takes (make a note of the time stamp on this post......) :wink:

Post subject: Re 512sp plan
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:32 pm 
Neophyte
Neophyte

Would changing to this plan be worthwhile for me.

I still have 5 mths remaining on a 6mth plan @ $35/mth so potential saving is $6/mth x 5mths = $30. However if I have read pricing options correctly, a downgrade fee of $30 applies - is this the case for me?

Assuming I stay at $35/mth until my contract expires, will I then have to pay any more fees to access the $29/mth plan and would there be a new contract period that applies.

Post subject: Re: Re 512sp plan
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:46 pm 
--------------
--------------

Exchange/Suburb: Redland Bay on FTTN
State: Qld
Paul wrote:

I still have 5 mths remaining on a 6mth plan @ $35/mth so potential saving is $6/mth x 5mths = $30. However if I have read pricing options correctly, a downgrade fee of $30 applies - is this the case for me?

Assuming I stay at $35/mth until my contract expires, will I then have to pay any more fees to access the $29/mth plan and would there be a new contract period that applies.

Sounds to me that you should change now to break even.
If you wait, The 512sp may not exist as it is a "special".. You will still have to pay $30 as it would be considered a downgrade.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:51 pm 
Generic pleb

State: Vic
Paul wrote:
<snip>

You would still need to pay the downgrade fee out of contract so same situation. Since you will even out over the contract period anyway I would suggest it's a good idea to switch as then when your contract ends you are on a $29 plan rather than a $35 plan and anything from then onwards is a bonus!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:06 pm 
I must not leet

So let me see if I have this right changing from 256/A2 $30 me up to 512SP $29 I would pay $30 downgrade fee and $0 for line speed increase.

Is that right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:14 pm 
Ex-Member

keep this convo going here ladies and gents:

http://forums.aanet.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=3504&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:09 pm 
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Mitte wrote:
Sounds to me that you should change now to break even.
If you wait, The 512sp may not exist as it is a "special".. You will still have to pay $30 as it would be considered a downgrade.

It may be break-even financially, but the gain in moving to 512 is not to be under-estimated...

You're a winner even if it costs you a couple of dollars more per month with this plan I assure you.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]