aaNet Support Forum

Members Forum
It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:29 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Would you like to be kept updated on aaNet current events?
Yes, I think it would be worthwhile 97%  97%  [ 115 ]
No, I dont care 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 119
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:37 am 
Out Of Hours Poster

Hi all,

We have decided a news letter to keep members up to date with current events and perhaps touching on some past events might be a good idea.

There has been plenty going on behind the scenes and some of it cannot be revealed as yet but I think you might appreciate some of it when it is available to be known.

I suggest we rename this section to broadband and aaNet news.

What do you all think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:16 am 
--------------
--------------

State: NSW
It's a good idea... but be prepared/assume that

1) it will be "leaked"
2) it will be publicly disected and skewed in any way possible by people who have little better to do

As long as it's just rock solid facts - not what is going to happen or could happen - then its probably a good idea. Though at the same time, omitting things can leave it open to speculation - if you put something here, wait until it's "complete"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:42 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

sounds good to me! i wont miss out on good plan upgrade oppurtunities then! ;)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:58 am 
--------------
--------------

Cat Carroll wrote:

...or maybe create a new "aaNet news" section and restrict it to the aaNetters list?

While it's not secure, it's better than being blatantly open to the public. Unless of course, that's what you want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:24 pm 
Silver Member*
Silver Member*

yep... a good idea...
i vaguely recall a number of us recommending this very thing a year or so ago and at the time i think it was seen as too difficult. I'm glad aanet have found the time to devote to it. good work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:58 pm 
*jumps out window*

Exchange/Suburb: LARA
State: Vic
Sounds like a great addition.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:53 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Geoff wrote:
Cat Carroll wrote:

...or maybe create a new "aaNet news" section and restrict it to the aaNetters list?

While it's not secure, it's better than being blatantly open to the public. Unless of course, that's what you want.

"Blatantly open to the public" is exactly what it is, until such time has the RSS feeds are killed (as I have previously pointed out).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:06 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Personally I think the forums serve that function for those interested. Mass emailing a newsletter may cause angst among people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:09 pm 
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Bigpond do it without much fuss, in-fact I think there's an option to turn it on or off for recieving it...

aaNet could work a similar situation, send a notification to all current members asking they verify all details in their members section. Also provide information to a link in the members section where they can 'apply' to get the Newsletter. That way, it's done on a per-person basis...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:12 pm 
--------------
--------------

I think Cat was suggesting posting it on the forums...

Although anyone who has a login on the Exetel forums will know that they quite freely mail out all sorts of "announcement" notices to forum members... since aaNet use the same forum, I assume that feature is here too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:13 pm 
--------------
--------------

Exchange/Suburb: Snake Valley
Cat, might I suggest, instead of:

Yes, I think it would be worthwhile
No, I dont care

maybe:

Yes, I think it would be worthwhile
No thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:55 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Exchange/Suburb: Belmont
Yes, I think it would be worthwhile. :) okee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Always good to be informed.

Joshua 24:15
01001101 01010100

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:20 am 

yes, with a big BUT, only if aaNet learn from their past mistakes and don't post all sorts of promises and changes which they then fail to deliver on for extended periods of time if at all. Secondly only if factual information is posted, not conspiracy theories and personal opinions and emotional reactions to events. Finally i would only be interested if the culture of blame stops and aaNet starts taking some responsibility for the results of their decisions and actions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:13 am 
Out Of Hours Poster

OK I am getting impatient with some of you.

What do we post as a promise that didnt come off? Seriously guys ..take a break

I said plan changes were coming once and the guy that was due to implement it got sick.. so sick that he left and we couldnt do it until we found someone else to intergrate it in the billing system but it did go ahead in the end. If you want to crucify us for that, I cant see much point in trying to keep you up to date with anything because it is clear you wont understand when we are trying to do the right thing.

We are not robots or slaves, we are people that have your best interest at heart. The common good here is the same for both aaNet and our customers or have you forgotten that? We provide the best network around and that is what we are supposed to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:37 am 
Neophyte
Neophyte

Hey everyone.

A newsletter sounds like a great idea - especially if it's emailed and not just posted. I've found locating things on the newsgroups tricky at times, with some duplication of subject matter here and there. A lot of people don't access the newsgroups - email will reach a broader audience.

Cheers,
Phil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:40 am 
--------------
--------------

Quote:
If you want to crucify us for that

I don't think anyone's trying to crucify you here, just offering advice to help prevent other people doing just that in places like you-know-where.

He didn't express it very well, but I think he had a valid point which is not to promise us anything until you are 100% sure it is actually ready to be implemented/released. That will minimise the risk of people speculating and ridiculing for no good cause.

The new plans thing is one example - if you hadn't told us until it was ready, it wouldn't be an issue. The VoIP release is another case - although a little out of your control by Engin's media release - it had people hanging on for ages too when the promises timeframe kept getting extended.

If you want feedback, that's another thing (like this thread), but be careful about making any promises...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:34 am 
Out Of Hours Poster

Geoff wrote:
Quote:
If you want to crucify us for that

He didn't express it very well,

If you want feedback, that's another thing (like this thread), but be careful about making any promises...

If you will notice it was not a promise, about either and everyone was told what happened.

The plans thing we gave a date for and something unexpected came up the very next hour, the Voice we did not give a date and it was implemented. In fact I think we said it would not be easy or quick if you check.

Personally I don’t think it is easy to keep so many customers happy and if you don’t want a newsletter in the spirit I meant it then that’s OK... If you do you, then you take it as it comes. It was meant be a friendly heads up about things that happen at aaNet that you never know are happening and don’t get to here about.

There will always be people with half the facts and little knowledge that make judgments.

I don’t take what either you or our NT friend said as "not expressing it very well", I take both of your comments as an accusation. Perhaps you should read it again and see how you would take it.

Simple fact is circumstances have us in the position of being judged by everyone, some are for and some are against. That is human nature. The side to human nature I particularly like is people who are willing to reserve judgment and be a little wiser... That is what I would do for any of you and I expect that you might return the favour.

Now is anyone up for starting an ISP and doing better than aaNet has done with the network performance, finance or decisions in the last 14 months.

Come on guys take a serious look. Think a little deeper before you become so active with your accusations.

We are in this together and I blame no one for my decisions or the outcomes and I value everyone of you. If I had my time over the only thing I would change is, I would never have helped the other side start (big hearted #^%) and I would not have hired someone that was going to get sick.

I am proud of aaNet and what we (including all of you) have achieved. If you want a service provider.. then there is little doubt you happen to have the best.

If you don’t believe that, then check it out elsewhere because we already did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:49 am 
--------------
--------------

Cat Carroll wrote:
I don’t take what either you or our NT friend said as "not expressing it very well", I take both of your comments as an accusation. Perhaps you should read it again and see how you would take it.

What accusation have I made? All we ever did was pointed out ways to help you keep the trolls off your back.

That attitude is hurtful to someone making a genuine effort of provide constructive comment, and I apologise for trying to help. I will not waste my time providing any further opinions or feedback.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:13 pm 
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Cat Carroll wrote:
Now is anyone up for starting an ISP and doing better than aaNet has done with the network performance, finance or decisions in the last 14 months.

/me raises hand...

Oh wait - that was rhetorical..
Cat Carroll wrote:
We are in this together and I blame no one for my decisions or the outcomes and I value everyone of you. If I had my time over the only thing I would change is, I would never have helped the other side start (big hearted #^%) and I would not have hired someone that was going to get sick.

I'm sure there are many many things that many many people would do over... and in hind-sight after being a little wiser you can see where the failing's of one thing happened, and the benefits of others. Unfortunately such is life and you can't predict everything...

*hint: get a crystal ball Cat - you'll be fine after that*
Cat Carroll wrote:
I am proud of aaNet and what we (including all of you) have achieved. If you want a service provider.. then there is little doubt you happen to have the best.

I have asked a similar question of people and no-one has told me.

Where can I get the same quality service and price?!
I've yet to been told better...

Infact no-one has retorted to that at all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:16 pm 
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

TheClient wrote:

Where can I get the same quality service and price?!
I've yet to been told better...

Infact no-one has retorted to that at all...

.Netcall??? :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:21 pm 
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Scorpio65 wrote:
.Netcall??? :lol: :lol:

NOPE...

My plan beats the 1500 atm :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:15 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Cat, It would be great to have a newsletter.

Email or forum is fine but I would personally prefer a dedicated page in the members section, basically somewhere that you can let us know what your doing but with no possibility of people posting their "opinions". That would be something to look forward to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:32 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

a locked forum would be the go, newsletter only. it would make a good history, easy to keep track of how things are progressing without having to look for old posts.

says me anyhow.

i think i'll ave' a beer :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:56 pm 
*jumps out window*

Exchange/Suburb: LARA
A page in the member's section sounds good.

Far more secure, too.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next