aaNet Support Forum

Members Forum
It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:27 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:19 pm 
Neophyte
Neophyte

ozimarco wrote:
Herbydad wrote:
It may not be possible for Cat to tell us now.

That may well be the case. A favourable outcome of the court case might be a condition of the sale.

It could be years before the court case is finalised.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:36 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

rainmanny wrote:
It could be years before the court case is finalised.

not necessarily, Some case can take less time.
Plus Cat said the following.
Cat wrote:
I made a promise and I havent forgotten, that the untruths about aaNet would be set right. Currently there is a supeona issued by the court to Telstra Wholesale with a return date of the 26th of January 2006 that is expected to exonerate aaNet from any wrong doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:47 pm 

Herbydad wrote:
I would churn immediately if it was

1. Any Veridas ISP
2. Exetel
3. Tel$tra

i would churn if it was tpg
my town is getting wireless soon anyway so i might jump ship anyway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:53 pm 
--------------
--------------

Exchange/Suburb: Snake Valley
State: Vic
I will stick with aaNet, I support Lorraine and her support of us as clients. I am confident the new management will be as family orientated as it has been since day dot. We are a family here, no?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:54 pm 
Neophyte
Neophyte

And where was Whirlpool's front page article about this?
http://www.broadbandcomparison.com.au

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:55 pm 
--------------
--------------

Berty wrote:
And where was Whirlpool's front page article about this?
http://www.broadbandcomparison.com.au

But your link is to http://www.broadbandcomparison.com.au not whirlpool? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:59 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Thanks Lorraine for all your hard work. You have made this ISP an easy choice for me. It saddens me that you will be leaving and that aaNet will change (naturally a company does when under new management). My only two hopes are that you have a relaxing time after aaNet has been sold, and that aaNet Games will be able to continue to run under the new management. :D

Safe Journey!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:00 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

aaChris wrote:
We are a family here, no?

We may become part of a much bigger pool of users, though, so that family feeling may no longer be there. I must say that that cosy family feeling is one of the things I have most enjoyed about being with this ISP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:06 pm 

pretty disfunctional family, IMO.

get with the program people, it was and is a business.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:09 pm 
--------------
--------------

galumay wrote:
pretty disfunctional family, IMO.
get with the program people, it was and is a business.

Have a heart, join in the pulse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:18 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

The immediate problem for aaNet is: Who is going to sign up now, while the business is in limbo? Surely prospective customers must be worried about the sale falling through. Future pricing is another uncertainty added to the mix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:45 pm 
*jumps out window*

Exchange/Suburb: LARA
I've been very loyal to aaNet and signed up many others.. That said.. unfortunately my loyalty doesn't extend financially or speed wise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:06 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

I wish you all the best Cat. And may aaNet continue to grow as a legacy towards all of your hard efforts.

P.S. I do hope it isn't People Telecom (previously known as Swiftel) who has bought aaNet as I left them to come here after constant statewide problems. Maybe Blue Reef bought them...I heard they were looking for ISP's to booster their services!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:45 pm 
Out Of Hours Poster

Hi all, please let me say thank you for your support.

I would rather not say at the moment who we sold to as it is not fair to the purchasers and I don't think they would appreciate the attention it can attract.

I can tell you, we did not sell aaNet to anyone that is an ISP now.

We passed up oportunities to sell to other ISPs and instead sold it to someone we thought we could trust to keep safe the promise of excellent service.

Money means very little if you cannot adhere to the standards you set for yourself. The value is not money as some of you will appreciate.

aaNet is not a troubled ISP, I am not sure where whirlpool got this from but we have just had and passed a very stringent credit review from Telstra for the DSLAM rollout. I am very sure other ISPs will know this is part of the due diligence proceedure required by Telstra.

As for Exetel, I don't think anyone need worry. You will see what I mean shortley.

How did what I said manage to get turned into less than was meant? I have read it an re-read it, I have no answer.

Melbourne used to have (maybe it still does) a newspaper and it was called the Truth. I am sure the whirlpoolians will identify my meaning.

I will keep you posted on any changes. I will be helping doing the DSLAM rollout, it will be a nice change and I can still keep you posted on news in that area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Cat Carroll wrote:
Hi all, please let me say thank you for your support.

I would rather not say at the moment who we sold to as it is not fair to the purchasers and I don't think they would appreciate the attention it can attract.

I can tell you, we did not sell aaNet to anyone that is an ISP now.

We passed up oportunities to sell to other ISPs and instead sold it to someone we thought we could trust to keep safe the promise of excellent service.

Money means very little if you cannot adhere to the standards you set for yourself. The value is not money as some of you will appreciate.

Cat, I appreciate your honesty and the way you have represented yourself and your values here. I wish you all the best for any future endeavours.

From what you have just posted, it will be interesting to see who has purchased the business: not an existing ISP. :? Well, we may be in for some "interesting times" as they say.

Regardless of who it is though, I hope they manage to maintain the close knit community feel of aaNet - it is one of the reasons I joined. I am pleased to read that you decided to sell to a buyer, based on their service ethic, as oppoesd to the depth of their wallet.

Finally, to all the staff at aaNet, I hope things work out well for all of you. Having been through a "change of owners" myself recently, I know how stressful and potentially difficult it can be. Don't dwell for too long on what was, but look ahead to what can be. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:53 pm 
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Ditto.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:57 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Out of curiosity though... How much are we worth? In other words, how much was aaNet sold for. I just wanna see how much ISPs are actually bought and sold for. My guess would be somewhere aroud $300,000?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:38 am 
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

That's confidential information, Ares.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:47 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Oh. Well then don't worry about it lol.

*shifts eyes from side to side as though suspecting a conspiracy*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:50 am 
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Ares wrote:
Oh. Well then don't worry about it lol.

*shifts eyes from side to side as though suspecting a conspiracy*

Oh, Damn - he's on to us. Execute plan Theta, repeat, plan Theta!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:13 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I wonder if it wouldn't have been better for the business if the announcement of the sale had been postponed until the sale had been concluded and the new management was ready to take over and take the business forward. Now we are facing a time of uncertainty both for existing and prospective customers. A lot of people don't like uncertainty and will turn away from it, even though they may be worse off as a result.

Personally, I am not going anywhere. Hopefully the new team can continue on with the good work Cat has started and improve on it. There is plenty of room for improvement within aaNet, so we can only get better and stronger. However, this can only happen after the new management haven taken over the reins. It is the intermediate period I am worried about. No doubt other ISPs and their fanbois will be flat out running scare campaigns in the hope of attracting doubting aaNet customers and especially prospective aaNet customers. I can't see too many people signing up in the next few months. I can see a few existing customers leaving, though. I hope I am wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:45 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Exchange/Suburb: Redcliffe
State: Qld
I was thinking the same as ozimarco however I am sure that cat would have permission from the new owners to make the announcement. Although I feel I know I could have an idea who the new owners are without, any proof its silly to speculate. It is possible that we have been already given a clue by the new owners already.

Somehow I feel that I can trust cat and her ethics. The family feel was one of the reasons I joined up in the first place and whilst a business is a business there are ways of running businesses that make one feel comfortable dealing with them ..

Health and family is more important than all the money and prestige in the world, something I learnt too late in life unfortunately, so to cat I wish her and her family well and hope that the new owners do indeed nuture her baby. If she wasn't confident of the new owners guiding her " baby " into adulthood with the same care and devotion that she has given it, then I feel that she wouldn't have sold. After all whats the point in releasing something if your going to worry and make yourself sick over the decision later on.

The new owners have taken a gamble in allowing cat to make this announcement however I am sure that it is a caculated risk done with open eyes. I am sure that the new owners will become known a long time before the takeover date. I could be wrong yet I don't think so. And don't forget that cat did say she would be still around rolling out the dslams.

regards

Benny

Thank you cat ( and the new owners )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:35 am 

dont forget aaNet has a long history of premature announcements causing uncertainty and speculation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:22 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Cat, thank you for an exceptionally good network, at a very competitive price. If the new owners can maintain this standard, I'll be more than happy. Network reliability and price are ultimately the bottom line for most of us. That is why we came here in the first place, and that is why we're still here.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavours and I thank you for the difference you made to Australian broadband. You set a very high bar in terms of price and reliability. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:18 am 

Cat, I wish you all the best for the future. Thank you for the wonderful service you have provided, not only too me but all your customers. You need to be commended for building the company from a 'wing and a pray' to what it is today. Over the past you have faced some very tough challengers, damning critics and road out the many storms. Your determination and dedication to your customers has been the stamina behind it all.

I am sure you would never sell to the ‘wrong’ people and that the future of the company you started will be secure for all us customers.

We are definatly going to miss you here, just as we have missed you on WP. It is a shame, as I thought you would pop up soon as a Rep on Broadband Comparison.

But your health is your wealth. So all the best for the future and rest assure I will be supporting aaNet into the future.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next