aaNet Support Forum

Members Forum
It is currently Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:18 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:51 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I shall preface this by saying my comments here are my personal feelings and thoughts and not representative of, or on behalf of, the company.

Before anyone goes pestering me for details of the sale, this is in fact the first I have heard about it as I have been absent for a week (other than the theme change) due to Christmas and illness...

Whilst it is sad to see the end of aaNet, I would like to thank Cat for her untiring spirit and wish her all the best in her future endeavours.

When Cat says you will be looked after, I would believe her. Despite a select few who would like to argue otherwise for various reasons Cat has always had an AMAZING dedication to her customers, often at the expense of her own sanity and health and definitely at the expense of her own hip pocket. The high-grade pops being a prime example. Many other ISP's run PC's as routers in other state pop's, and others like Exetel use a third party to back-haul to a central location. Whilst there are major cost benefits to those models Cat installed telco-grade equipment in all serviced states to ensure the best possible connection and stability for the end users.

I have had the privilege to witness Cat in action, and have been nothing short of amazed at the dedication and passion she has shown to both her customers and the ISP industry, the hours and energy are well and truly above and beyond anything I could have imagined, and certainly to see such a focus rather than a bottom-line focus in a business owner is nothing short of astounding. I know in discussions about selling the company (which logically occur from time to time in this industry) she has always lobbied for the users, and would not believe this time to be any different.

Once again I wish to thank Cat for the impact she has had on the broadband market in Australia, her dedication to her customers and the company and hope her future is bright in whatever endeavour she is moving onto (I know her too well to believe she will be happy sitting at home doing nothing.... but hope that she takes a well-deserved stress break).

From a personal perspective, thankyou for showing me what is possible and being an inspiration, both personal and business wise, in what can happen when you follow your dreams and have the tireless energy to make things happen even when it feels the world is against you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:18 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Nicely said webmaster, I for one hope you still have a job when the management comes a long as you do a great job for aanet and all the customers. The work you do for us is outstanding, so thank you webmaster.
So to you and Cat I have the following: =D> =D> =D> =D>
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>> =D> =D>

I hope aanet games is allowed to stay up when the ne management, but when Cat says she believes they will look after the customers, then I cannot see aanet games closing. As it provides customers with a very good service. =D>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:31 pm 
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

galumay wrote:
dont forget aaNet has a long history of premature announcements causing uncertainty and speculation.

As far as this sort of thing goes you have just proved that aaNet (and any company for that matter) are damned if they do and damned if they don't. I'm pretty sure there would have been people complaining at the time if Cat had announced this to coincide with the sale...

You want notice, but you don't really want to know but you do???

This is not at you personally galumay, just at the opposite sides of the fence...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3