aaNet Support Forum

Members Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:22 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:36 am 
Out Of Hours Poster

Hi all we have a new activation price (on Special for the next two months) of $70

Line speed changes up will be free as well (forever I think) this is a Telstra idea

I will keep you posted on some other info as I get it

Cheers Cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:10 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cat,

If I'm understanding this right a new customer will pay $70 instaed of the $145 stated on the new pricing plan page.

iiSlammed syncing at 20040 kbps/1021 kbps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:13 pm 
Generic pleb

State: Vic
Lord Viykor wrote:
Cat,

If I'm understanding this right a new customer will pay $70 instaed of the $145 stated on the new pricing plan page.

Correct!!! Looks like it has already been updated in broadband choice.

The exception to this, of course, is the new 1500/256 plan which is the $145.

Again I state that this is simple my humble interpretation, Cat will no doubt post the official aaNet response here shortly. These are NOT quotes or official aaNet statements, especially since everything is so up in the air!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:47 pm 
Out Of Hours Poster

We are just waiting for a new ssl certificate to come from the US and the other site will be up with most of the details.

Normal activation is $66 now but the new plan today has an activation of $145. If you need a line speed change because you are churning or upgrading that is free

cheers Cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:50 pm 
Generic pleb

Cat Carroll wrote:
We are just waiting for a new ssl certificate to come from the US and the other site will be up with most of the details.

Normal activation is $66 now but the new plan today has an activation of $145. If you need a line speed change because you are churning or upgrading that is free

cheers Cat

Is the certificate coming by airmail or by sea? :lol:

Judging by the dev site Cat the pricing part is pretty much completed and correct (I noticed the $66 just before), is that pretty much an accurate guide for everyone now??? (by the way, move the pricing part up in the submenu, it's the first thing people want to see, certainly before the AUP and 'After the order')

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:54 pm 
Out Of Hours Poster

LOL yes we must rearrange the menu.

The guys in the US must be asleep..LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:54 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cat,

I'll be going from dial up to adsl the new 1500 plan is mighty tempting for $145 it will be worth it.

iiSlammed syncing at 20040 kbps/1021 kbps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:57 pm 
Generic pleb

Cat Carroll wrote:
LOL yes we must rearrange the menu.

The guys in the US must be asleep..LOL

Firstly, not such a stress about the menu, I didn't realise there was a whole button for it on the left, I was just going the long way around (as an aside the 'business' link on the main sales info page is broken)

Secondly, don't stress about the US guys, when you are up at 2:00am you can give them a call and they should be wide awake!!!! :lol:

Time for me to leave work and head home... see you all in a few...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:59 pm 
Generic pleb

Lord Viykor wrote:
Cat,

I'll be going from dial up to adsl the new 1500 plan is mighty tempting for $145 it will be worth it.

It will be like going from hell to heaven in one swift move :D

p.s. Sorry about the double post, would have added that on as an edit to the one above, but can't in this thread... :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:48 pm 
Neophyte
Neophyte

Cat Carroll wrote:
Hi all we have a new activation price (on Special for the next two months) of $70

Line speed changes up will be free as well (forever I think) this is a Telstra idea

I will keep you posted on some other info as I get it

Cheers Cat

I filled out my order form on 21/10/04 and was up and going on 28/10/04, is the new activation price available to me? Knowing my luck it isn't. :(

Ta, Lerch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Do you have an invoice in your member section? Perhaps check that to see what you've been charged.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:29 am 
Neophyte
Neophyte

Being an existing customer who has been dudded.

I wouldn't recommend aaNet to anybody. Don't go on this new plan.

You don't know what your going to get. They have now put disclaimers etc. everywhere. Go to a bigger ISP, at least they can be help accountable for their action and understand the concept of customer relations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:35 am 
Ex-Member

sameero wrote:
Go to a bigger ISP, at least they can be help accountable for their action and understand the concept of customer relations.

and charge you a whole lot more for a whole lot less

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:46 am 
Neophyte
Neophyte

Whats the point of having cheap broadband when they change the price on you 3 months later, cause thats what they may do. Seems like they think they can do anything they want.

You can't complain because they just change everything that you point out and don't give you supervisor's numbers, or just ignore you.

aaNet is decieving you all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:49 am 
Generic pleb

sameero wrote:
Whats the point of having cheap broadband when they change the price on you 3 months later, cause thats what they may do. Seems like they think they can do anything they want.

Hang on one second there. If you have a basis for saying that aaNet have raised prices during a contract period then state it now!!!! Nearly every fee has gone down recently, and certainly if you are talking about monthly plan costs have not ever, nor would they, increase costs during a contract period as far as I am aware.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:51 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

The price that I paid that I joined up is the price that I was paying until I changed to the 1500/256 SP plan.
In my expererience, even though the official plans may change, they won't force you off the plan that you are on - even if the plan no longer exists.

As said before in other threads, AANet is conserned with loalty.. so I actually think that this is a good deal as after around 4-5 months -this option becomes cheaper than upgrading to one of the other 1500 plans.

Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:51 am 
Ex-Member

sameero wrote:

Isnt this the same for any ISP??

sameero wrote:
You can't complain because they just change everything that you point out and don't give you supervisor's numbers, or just ignore you.

out of interest, have we ever been told who the CEO (or equivilant) of aaNet is??

sameero wrote:

Either way, they still provide the cheapest prices around, and a relaible service (in my opinion - i aint had any bad outages).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:52 am 
Generic pleb

Oh... and if you will take any advice from me, you have made your opinions abundantly clear. Everyone else posting has a different opinion to you. You have made your point, our opinions differ, but just like there is no point me continuing to change your mind, continuing to post your opinions in such a negative way in various threads is also pointless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:52 am 
Silver Member*
Silver Member*

sameero wrote:

hahhahaa so far I've managed to bite my tounge but sameero this is just getting beyond a joke hey.... I'm trying to work out what your trying to achieve.... I would be very very surprised if aaNet will change the activation fee for this special plan to anything less than $145. Their most likely course of action is removing the plan all together. would this make you happy? Then no one would be able to get it. Not you or new subscribers. Would that be better. I think not.... but hey.... you've surprised me so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:57 am 
Generic pleb

My last post (unless I need to correct a point of fact).

the Important Notices section was opened as a priveledge only a few days ago. I believe it has now been mis-used to the point where it needs to be reverted to mods-only posts and discussions of this nature can take place in the normal forums. This discussion is not an official 'aaNet Important Notice' anymore IMHO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:59 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I agree... this has gone off topic.... should this be moved ? or off topics parts removed? (including this one)?

Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:00 pm 
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

sameero wrote:

For someone whose relatives are legal professionals, didn't you realise that what you have written there is classed as slander. At no point have aaNet ever raised prices on anyone, either in or out of contract! Nor have they imposed lower prices on anyone. Your plan is the same price as it was when you signed up for it. In fact aaNet have lowered prices and been lambasted for not automatically moving people to the new, lower-priced plans. They didn't do it because they are not allowed to do so without your request.

sameero wrote:

As has been stated a number of times before - You can't have Cat's supervisor's number! she's as high as there is!

aaNet are deceiving no-one. Sometimes they keep things close to themsleves but that's only to protect their own interests. But deception? No.

Had aaNet done nothing, their continued growth would have stopped. Customers would have left for pastures apparently greener. With this plan they have made 1500 speeds available to new customers at very good prices. For existing customers, the deal is not as good, but it is nonetheless a good deal over the 6 months of the contract. If it wasn't, a number of customers wouldn't have paid their $145 and moved to the 1500SP plan would they?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:43 pm 
--------------
--------------

Exchange/Suburb: Redland Bay on FTTN
State: Qld
sameero wrote:

I totally disagree with your perceptions of aanet...
In my view, aanet have done everything right to the best of their abilities.
My personal experience has been all positive and aanet support has been prompt.
I am one who has changed from 512/Aa to 1500/Sp as I can see the long term benifit to my needs and I don't beleive aanet would change the plan as in my opinion, aanet is a company built on integrity...
my 2 cents worth ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:47 pm 
Ex-Member

so, just to bring back my question.

Do we know who aaNet CEO/big boss/leader/etc is??

curiousity could kills deb's cat, so i thought i would ask

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:48 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Maybe...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next